Musique Sacrée à Notre-Dame de Paris was very affected by the fire that led to the closure of the most famous cathedral in the world. The administrative and educational teams, as well as the children and students of the Maîtrise have lost their “home”, their place of rehearsal and concert, their instruments, their albs and costumes, …
In the very aftermath of the drama, all of these people expressed a very keen wish to continue the activities in order to bring to life the soul of Notre-Dame.
The Maîtrise guarantees a unique knowledge in the world and an extraordinary intangible musical heritage, and this since the Middle Ages. It has, even more today, the duty to preserve them and to make them known throughout France and the world.
It is for all these reasons that the association now appeals to all of you.
An exceptional international collection was launched on Monday, May 20, 2019 in order to help us safeguard the musical heritage of Notre-Dame de Paris.
An important point to know: the donations hitherto paid for the reconstruction of Notre-Dame only concern the reconstruction of the architectural heritage.
Even more today, the Maîtrise Notre-Dame de Paris needs the mobilization of as many people as possible to ensure its sustainability.
WHAT PURPOSE FOR THE DONATIONS?
ACQUISITION OF NEW INSTRUMENTS AND RESTORATION OF THOSE DAMAGED
- Acquisition of a new grand piano (which was in the crypt) for lessons and rehearsals for the Master’s choirs
- Acquisition of a new positive organ for the concerts of the Maîtrise
- Restoration of medieval bells, essential for the restitution of medieval works from the School of Notre-Dame (12th – 13th centuries)
- Renewal of the choir organ, very damaged by the consequences of the fire
PURCHASE OF EDUCATIONAL AND LITURGICAL MATERIAL
- Acquisition of new albs for the liturgy
- Acquisition of new score carriers for all the singers of the Maîtrise and the Vocal Ensemble of Notre-Dame de Paris
MAINTAINING THE MISSIONS OF THE MAÎTRISE AND THE INFLUENCE OF NOTRE-DAME MUSICAL HERITAGE
- Study aids for the singers of Notre-Dame
- Production costs linked to the relocation of concerts (e.g. rental and transport of instruments, communication, insurance…)
- Costs related to the preservation and promotion of Notre-Dame’s musical knowledge (e.g. musicological research, tours in France and abroad, acquisition of unique scores…)